Head of Conversion Rate Optimisation / CRO
This is a vital role new for Wolfson Brands, and one which will define our approach to, and be key to the success of CRO strategies at Wolfson. As it’s a new role, it provides an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to grow and develop the role.
This is a new team within the company with CRO previously completed by people in other roles. You’ll take over responsibility for our team of copywriters and have access to substantial design and development resources but will be solely responsible for the planning and implementation of split testing across our portfolio of brands.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Building and leading the CRO team, ensuring that all team members are busy and happy in their roles, providing them with mentoring and personal and professional development
- Growing the team, assisting with the recruitment of team members, assessing technical capabilities and values-fit
- Ensuring you are playing to the team’s superpowers, enabling them to flourish in their roles and deliver against their objectives
- Split test planning, completing regular CRO reviews of all relevant brands
- Maximising customer lifetime value through initiatives such as post purchase upsells
- Implementing and monitoring monthly workflow plans and ensuring there is a constant flow of work for the team to deliver
- Working as product owner for split tests, creating wireframes and working with the design team to create mock-ups for split tests when required, ensuring the required resources are in place, and completing QA for split tests to ensure they meet design and other requirements
- Recording all split tests, creating monthly reports including on the overall status of CRO
- Applying previous CRO learnings to new brand launches
- Managing the overall workload for copywriters (outsourced) and working with copywriters to develop the copy for new brand sites, as well as regularly reviewing their work
- Working with the wider Wolfson team to agree requirements for new brand launches, collaborating with them to make sites account for CRO, and ensuring changes made to sites don’t impact on CRO
- Managing CRO for foreign-language sites, ensuring they are designed to convert in non-English markets, making suitable tests and adjustments
Who are we looking for?
We believe in people. We believe in great skills, attitude and supporting you. If you’re aligned with our values, believe in our vision and are excited about the opportunity, then we’d really love to learn more about you (even if you don’t tick all the boxes) apply anyway!
For this specific role, we need someone who is entrepreneurial, cares about results, loves experimenting and is comfortable taking risks. You’ll need to be humble, comfortable with not always being right and eager to learn and develop both personally and as a team. We're looking for someone who understands the value of leadership rather than management and enjoys being hands-on with all aspects of the work completed by the team. The role would suit someone who thrives in a high-paced environment and who is a self-starter when it comes to planning what needs to happen, sometimes starting with a blank piece of paper.
The following attributes are also vital for this role:
- Significant experience of Conversion Rate Optimisation across multiple D2C brands
- Substantial experience of creating and implementing split tests, taking ownership of plans, monitoring and reporting
- Previous experience with the ownership and development of CRO strategies
- A great team player whose leadership style enables a collaborative approach to both planning and delivery
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to develop outstanding working relationships with colleagues across the business
- The ability to be flexible in an ever-changing environment
- Experience in the management of CRO for fitness, health or beauty brands is preferred
Please note that for this role, you could either be based in our Glasgow office or work from home. Whilst the majority of the work can be carried out online and therefore remotely, there will be a requirement for in-office collaboration from time to time.
Salary: £35,000 to £45,000
We value and embrace difference, and so we are of course an equal opportunity employer. We will not unlawfully discriminate on grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability or age, pregnancy or trade union membership.
Our Promise to You
Being part of the pack
Benefits and Perks
Wolfson Welcome Pack full of Products & Merch
Personal Development Plan
Tailored Bonus Plan
Recognition for peers when we achieve great things
Wellbeing Programme – 4 Pillars – Mind, Body, Financial & Social
Private Healthcare & Dental Cover
Giving back to the Community – 1 week per year working in the community
Flexible hours & Environment – Honesty over Hours. Life over Location
Generous Family leave packages – family first, always
Quarterly Perk boxes with the latest products & merch
Friends & Family 50% discount on all Wolfson web stores